Thursday 4 August 2011

Ravenloft Maps

I recently acquired a copy of Campaign Cartographer 3 and decided to create some maps related to my Ravenloft ideas. None of these maps feature "cannon" sites, but what is GMing if not an opportunity to put your personal spin on a setting. Below is my first map, depicting the village of Shroudhob on the Isle of Liffe; a pastoral settlement that is besieged by black-hooded horrors.
RavenloftVillage

The town of Coldwood Cross is both a red herring and a base camp for a couple of adventure ideas I've had. It provides a place for heroes to rest and purchase equipment and an opportunity for them to jump at shadows.
RavenloftTown2

My most recent map is the town of Marinova in Borca. Here I've tried to depict a clear distinction between districts with "Old Town" to the south and west with its thatched roof buildings and "New Town" to the north and east with its more modern and expensive gothic architecture. Not sure what I'm going to do with this map, though Marinova may be the location of an alchemist's shop where an important evil artifact has been casually mislaid on a shelf.
RavenloftTown1

No comments:

Post a Comment